Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gel-Like Manicure without UV light

GEL- like Manicure at home without the UV light

I was doing some research and came across some products that will give you a lasting gel-like manicure at home. It's a fraction of the cost of the salon style gel manis and requires no uv light, which means no harmful rays. The other great things is once this is easily removed with regular nail polish, your nails are not thin and brittle as sometimes happens with the harsh removal of the salon gel nails. I am going to put my theory to the test and see how long it lasts and I will let you know, but the immediate results are well worth you giving this a try.
 
These are the products you will need, I happen to LOVE Sally Hansen products, but you could you similar products from a different brand.
 
 
 
 
 
 Step one: Use one coat of Nail Hardener- I like Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Wraps (allow to dry)
Step two: Use your favorite nail color- Again, I love the Extreme Wear by Sally- dries fast lasts longer than most and great coverage with one coat
 
Step three: After the color has a minute to dry, apply a chip resistant shiny top coat- I love the No Chip acrylic top coat by Sally Hansen
 
Give it all a minute to set....and it really only needs a minute or 2 and you are good to go. I will let you know how long mines lasted...with dishes, hand washing, cleaning, etc we SHALL see. Let me know what you think!!
 
XO Marissa